Glory, Glory to Old Georgia

8:33 PM

I'm the oldest of seven cousins from the Huizer side of my family. For a long while, I was the only girl cousin, and a tomboy at that. However, once in a while my girly side would come out, especially after I found a closetful of vintage dresses. Somehow, when I was about 8 or 9, I actually convinced the guys to dress up with me. Of course, our mothers' cameras came out, and you should see how defeated the boys looked. I really wish I could show you, but I just couldn't do that to family!

Around the time that I was forcing my cousins to dress up, Serena was a toddler. I know the boys were wishing that we were closer in age! She was always so cute and shy, and I always hoped that one day we would live near each other. Well, she's in college now, and she's an amazing soccer player. I was excited to hear that Mississippi State was going to play UGA, and the family (minus the other cousins) was coming down. This was quite an occasion, considering we're all living in different states - Mississippi, Iowa, and of course, Georgia.

Before we walked around downtown, David took this one of me at The Grit, an AMAZING vegetarian restaurant. Keep in mind, vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean "healthy," but at this restaurant it does mean delicious! Notice the coonskin cap of the woman behind me...


After brunch we had a few minutes to spare, so we walked downtown.


View of the UGA bell from below.


Tree trunk on the boarder of North Campus and downtown.


Random door. The old wood was too beautiful to pass without photographing.


Before too long, it was game time!


Serena is the farthest player on the left. She played a great game!


Justin, my "little" brother


Justin really has the bluest eyes you'll ever see.




David took this one. The Huizer side of my family, minus the other cousins (who I hope to see sooner than later).





We walked on campus for a bit after the game. I'm so glad the Herty Field fountain is running again!













0 comments:

Post a Comment