Oxbow Bend in the Morning

8:58 PM

On one of our first dates, David asked me if I liked the mountains or the beach better. I knew just enough about him that I knew my answer should be the mountains. Luckily, I like both, so that wasn't much of a tall tale. But the follow-up question was, "Do you like camping?" Now on that one, I flat out lied. "Yep, I love camping." Right. If camping includes a king sized bed with a pillow top mattress, then yes, I like camping.

But, since David loves real camping, I agreed to spend one night in the outdoors. We were lucky to get an amazing spot at Jenny Lake.

Obviously, things were much prettier in the first picture, but I know David would be disappointed if I didn't showcase his "skills". He was in a hurry to get the tent and rain flap ready because a storm was brewing.


We woke up from this spot at about 4:45 am and drove to Oxbow Bend. (I actually slept better than David!) I thought we were up pretty early, but there were about 4 photographers there before us! Waking up before the sun was brutal, but it was worth it.










0 comments:

Post a Comment