Baby Margot

9:27 PM

David and I met Bobby and Emily soon after we moved back to Georgia.  Emily and I were in the same Master's program, and we bonded over our "dislike" of Macon.  It didn't take long for us to realize that we grew up about 20 minutes from each other, and we probably even had at least one class together at UGA.  

We ended up teaching together at Howard, and I don't think I could have survived the year without her.  She was the one person I could vent to knowing full well that she understood everything I was going through.  We were so desperate to get out of teaching that we talked about starting families.  I told people that I was joking about that, but deep down I really considered it.  

Fast forward three years and Bobby and Emily are living North of Atlanta.  They got out of town as soon as Bobby graduated from Mercer Law, but we've all remained great friends.  I was thrilled when I heard they were expecting, and seeing Margot might have set my clock-a-ticking (but not too loudly).
















0 comments:

Post a Comment